Let’s Accelerate the Schedule
You’ve been a highly compliant class all semester, getting your assignments in on time and attending class regularly even under extraordinary conditions. More than a dozen of you have what appear to be the right number of items in your Portfolio today. So . . .
We’ll Do the Portfolio Doublecheck Today
- Check in when you arrive at the Zoom class.
- In the order in which you check in, I’ll go through your Portfolio with you and check for completion.
- While you’re waiting your turn, please take the time to make fun of your professor at RateMyProfessor.com .
- If it’s ready for grading, you can schedule your Grade Conference at the Mandatory Conferences Google doc.
- If your Portfolio is incomplete or needs substantial work, you’ll have until WED MAY 06 to bring it to completion. When you’re finished, you’ll reach out to your Professor for an individual Doublecheck.
- WE WILL NOT MEET AS A CLASS ON WED MAY 06.
Self-Reflective Statement Due Today
Complete Portfolio Due Today
Definition Argument, 1000 words
Causal Argument, 1000 words
Rebuttal Argument, 1000 words
Short Argument Rewrite, 1000 words
Definition Rewrite OR
Causal Rewrite OR
- In which you demonstrate your responsiveness to feedback, essential for meeting the Core Values of the Writing Arts curriculum
Research Position Paper, 3000 words
- The culmination of your semester research project, a persuasive essay that uses academic research to prove the correctness of your Thesis, with a Reference section of 5 to 10 sources, preferably academic, of work you specifically cite in the body of your argument.
- Bibliographic details of up to 15 sources that you consulted in your research, complete with a Purposeful Summary of the argument made by the source and How You Used It to advance your research or support your argument.
- This is a persuasive argument too. It uses the template provided by your Professor to argue that you have met the Core Values of the Writing Arts curriculum, with links to your own work that support that thesis.