The Portfolio contains the following:
- 3000-word Research Position Paper
- Annotated Bibliography, 15 Sources
- Visual Rhetoric Rewrite
- Self-Reflective Statement
- Two of the following:
- Definition Argument Rewrite
- Causal Argument Rewrite
- Rebuttal Argument Rewrite
TUE MAY 02 before class.
- All 6 items must be in the Portfolio before class meets TUE MAY 02.
- During class TUE MAY 02, we will conduct a “Portfolio Double-check” to verify that portfolios are complete.
- When your Portfolio is certified, you may schedule your Grade Conference.
Your professor will have just a few days to read and grade the entire set of portfolios in time for Grade Conferences. Therefore, penalties will be severe for any portfolio not complete by the end of class TUE MAY02.
The final day of scheduled classes, THU MAY 04, will be devoted to personal one-on-one Grade Conferences. Conferences generally require less than 15 minutes, but are compulsory.
Visit the Professor Conference page (the same one we’ve used all semester) to schedule your end-of-semester Grade Conference.
Among other things, conferences provide the opportunity for professor and student to come to agreement about the student’s final grade. Students who miss their grade conferences will have little recourse to challenge those grades.
Posting Final Grades
Final Grades will be submitted shortly after Grade Conferences, probably on SUN MAY 07.