For my research paper I will be taking a further look into speeding throughout neighborhoods. I want to get in-depth about the short term and long term affects of speeding and the possible outcomes that could be possible. I will be incorporating some real life examples that will allow for someone reading to be able to understand my topic a lot clearer. I am going to argue that speeding through neighborhoods is way too common and that the speed limit should be adjusted in all neighborhoods. I also want to argue how police officers really don’t pay much attention to speeding in neighborhoods and that there should be a police presence watching at all times.
1. 5 Ways To Stop Speeding In Your Neighborhood
- Background: This article gives five examples on how speeding could be prevented in neighborhoods. It talks about speed bumps, types of parking, police assistance, video surveillance, and forming a petition. The author gives insight on a little bit of each way explaining how it could be beneficial.
- How I intend to use it: I will be using this article to enhance how these five ways can stop speeding and using real life examples to put with the five ways.
2. The Dangers Of Speeding Through Neighborhoods
- Background: This article is like buried treasure, for the fact that it gives so much information, statistics, and even an example of how speeding affected a neighborhood. The author goes in depth about multiple ways that as a neighborhood you can try to prevent speeding.
- How I intend to use it: I intend to use the statistics while giving credit to the author and put my own opinion on the topics the author talked about throughout the article like the pet aspect.
3. How Can I Slow Down Traffic On My Street/Neighborhood
- Background: This article is really more about the “speaking up” aspect. The author really gets into talking to local government about ways that could help control speeding. For each example the author gives a multistep plan that will allow you to achieve success.
- How I intend to use it: I will focus on more of the speaking up part of this article to really understand what it will definitely take to get the local government to finally show some care about speeding through neighborhoods.
4. Speeding In Residential Areas: A Matter Of Life And Death
- Background: This article is basically talking about a real life example of a group of people were using posters to get the attention of the town about neighborhood speeding. It goes in depth of what the people wanted to be done and how the meeting between the town manager and the board went down. It gives multiple perspectives on the topic and provides a ton of information/examples that could really benefit my argument
- How I intend to use it: I want to pick this article apart and use statements from the board meeting to further my argument while at the same time using bits and pieces of the examples provided throughout the article.
5. Dangers Of Speeding In A Residential Neighborhood
- Background: This article talks about the affects of speeding and what it could mean for you as the driver. It goes in depth about the penalties that a person may receive for speeding. The author really focuses on the law side of speeding, warning drivers what could happen if you decide to speed in a neighborhood.
- How I intend to use it: I will be able to incorporate the law side into my argument which will give my argument a stronger position. I want to also incorporate the law side into my examples stating what a certain situation can cause for not only the driver but the people living in the neighborhood.