“Brannen Vines has never been to war”
– The woman in the article, Brannen Vines, has never been to war before in her life.
– This is the first sentence in the whole article and the author felt that it is important to tell the reader.
-By stating that Brannen has never been to war, this shows from the start that she should not suffer from PTSD
“Granted, diagnosing PTSD is a tricky thing”
– How does the person who wrote the article know this? Do they have PTSD?
– Saying it is tricky sounds like the author doesn’t know what they are talking about.
“Caleb has been home since 2006, way more than enough time for Brannen to catch his symptoms.
– This is a fact that Caleb returned home from the war in 2006.
– This statement does not give a reason on to why it could be enough time to catch the symptoms.
“You can hear the cat padding around. The air conditioner whooshes, a clock ticks.
– This implies that the house is extremely quiet.
– This is not normal for a house with a family living in it. A house with a family should be louder.